Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Book of the Week Sunday - 8/3

So, as we all know I was planning on reading a book all last week, but with life and feeling sick sadly I was only able to just finish it this morning. But I am so glad I've been able to finish the book.

I read, as you can see, Dorothy Must Die. This book was not what I was expecting. Without giving too much away about this book, this book is about a now corrupted land of Oz. Amy Gumm, the main character, is a normal teenager who is stuck in a town feeling like nothing is working out whatsoever. Like Dorothy, Amy gets swept up by a tornado and lands in Oz with her mom's rat Star. Shortly after arriving, she learns that Oz is corrupt, that Dorothy actually came back and it appears that the power is going to everyone's head. Now Amy has to find her way to the Emerald City and hopefully she can either find a way home or at least help those who weren't able to help themselves.
After reading this book, developing a little crush on Nox. I want to read more by Danielle Page, and I really hope that (due to the way this book ended) there is another one after this book. Looks like there is a prequel to Dorothy Must Die, and of course I need to read this too! If I were to give a rating out of five, I want to give this book a five honestly. The main reason is because I actually got into this book, I could picture everything. All I kept thinking of the whole time was I want this to be a movie! I really hope that's a thing! *fingers crossed* Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment