Thursday, August 18, 2016

Pop Thursday - 8/18

Last week I made a trip to New Hampshire, and while I was there I came across Double Midnight Comics & Target; and I'm so glad I did. I found not only Funko Pops but also some Comic Books (series I've been wanting to start). Yay Pop Thursday!



The Funko Pops:

As you can see, one wonderful Funko Pop Vinyl I found is an imposter who is posing to be batman. This is The Riddler posing to be the batman! I love this Pop, and I'm so glad they started this collection!

I also went to Target and found Maz Kanata with her glasses up. This is a Target Exclusive and I'm so glad that I found this! In case you are unsure who this is, she is from The Force Awakens (Star Wars).

The comic books:
At the beginning of this comic there are blue giants attacking a base in the Norwegian Sea. Then back on Asgardia Thor is unable to grab his hammer because he's unworthy, however Thor still needs to go to battle. Then, at the end of the comic (I know this is a spoiler, but I'm excited!) The Goddess of Thunder emerges because a female is able to pick up Mjolnir, making her Thor.

This is Book I: Skywalker Strikes.
"It is a period of renewed hope for the Rebellion. The evil Galactic Empire's greatest weapon, the Death Star, has been destroyed by the young rebel pilot, Luke Skywalker. With the Imperial Forces in disarray, the Rebels look to press their advantage by unleashing a daring offensive throughout the far reaches of space, hoping to defeat the Empire once and for all and at last restore freedom to the galaxy...."
Han Solo "gets captured" in order to get in and rescue rebels, with Luke Skywalker and Leia!

This is Shattered Empire: Part I.
"It is the final moments of the BATTLE OF ENDOR. Amidst the stars above the Forest Moon, Rebel forces have engaged the evil Galactic Empire in a desperate, final confrontation, hoping to end the tyrannical rule of Emperor Palpatine and bring peace to a wearied and battered galaxy. But the Rebel Fleet has fallen into a trap. The second DEATH STAR is fully operational, and on Endor's moon, the energy shield protecting it still stands. What was to be a moment of triumph now teeters on the brink of disaster. Now, rebel pilots have engaged Imperial forces in furious dogfights, frantically trying to protect the Rebellion's capital ships, and to buy enough time to rescue victory from the jaws of defeat...."

Then there's Squirrel Girl. It appears that she is able to control squirrels and fighting crime. In addition, it appears that the villains have animal abilities/powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment