Tuesday, July 5, 2016

To Loot Crate or not to Loot Crate... That is the question

About this subject I have many feelings...

I have been getting Loot Crates since I moved back to Connecticut from New Hampshire (since summer 2014). I have so many boxes still at my parent's house. When I move, into my next place, I'm going to have them all setup and show you it all.

I have received a couple of different crates, and I'm going to tell you if I think they're worth it.


Starting with Monthly Crates:

The Original "Generic" Loot Crate - This is a classic for $13.95 a month you get 5/6 items that represent the month's theme. I thought I wouldn't want to keep this one after two years, however I have recently decided that I wanted to go back to it. (If that gives you an idea if I like it or not).

Loot Anime Crate - This crate costs $24.95 a month. Loot Crate partnered with Crunchyroll; which you can also do a monthly subscription to Crunchyroll through. I received six months, and personally I don't think I want to continue. I'm glad I received the couple of Manga (hoping to read those soon), and the little knick knacks. But honestly, as much as I love Anime it wasn't all that I was hoping for. But if you're interested I would move quick because this is constantly filling up (limited subscriptions).

Loot Gaming Crate - This crate costs $24.95 a month. I have not received this crate, but from what I've seen it looks like you're going to be receiving (based on the theme) a bunch of game related merchandise. I would get this crate if all of the games in a crate were ones that I enjoy.. However, I grew up playing gameboys and Wii (not saying I don't own a Play Station 2 and GameCube).

Loot Pets Crate - This crate costs $19.99 a month. I want to get this so badly. Currently in the process of saving up for the new place. But after that happens the plan is to get a kitten and a dog, #lifegoals. I know that once I get this crate that I'm sure I'll like it, but I'll definitely keep you posted. The one issue I see, but I won't know for sure until I get the crate is that it looks like it is only for dogs.

Level Up Crate - This crate costs starting at $8.99 a month. This is an apparel crate, usually you add these to existing crates that you've already purchased. The image below gives a better explanation. I personally would not get this, but maybe you don't want to get the average crate, therefore this might be better for you.

Loot Crate DX - This crate costs $44.99 a month. It appears that this crate is similar to the original crate, however, like it says at "a higher-caliber." From looking it appears that this is just a more expensive version of the original. I don't know if it's worth it, primarily because personally financially it doesn't make sense to. I'm sure the memorabilia is great. But I don't think this will be for me. Maybe one month I will get one so I can let you know what kind of "loot" you can look at receiving.

Partnered Crates:

HALO Legendary Crate - This crate costs $34.99 a month. I wouldn't get this crate, and it's not because the memorabilia won't be good, but because I never was one of those people who was super crazy about Halo. Don't get me wrong, it clearly was a great game due to how long it has lasted, how many people have and probably still do play it, and even the joke shows/movies were created because of it. I'm sure in this crate you're bound to get some pretty cool items.

Firefly Crate - This crate costs $34.99 a month. Now this crate I have, I plan on keeping, and have loved (the two times I have received it). This crate is not a crate that you get every month, but when you get it you receive memorabilia resembling the individual who it was focused on for the crate. For example, the first crate was Kaylee Frye. So to name a few, we got a Kaylee bear, some little paper umbrellas, and like in each crate a Qmx Mini Master Figure of Kaylee. The second crate was Jayne Cobb. So to name a few, we got a Rum flask, a Q Bits PVC Figure of Shepard (in the previous crate I received Simon) (there is a choice between two that you might get each time), and a Qmx Mini Master Figure of Jayne.

Limited Edition Crates:

Call of Duty Black OPS III Crate - This crate costs $100.00 a month. This is not a crate that I myself would get because I don't play Call of Duty. However, as I will explain more with the next crate, if you're a fan you totally will love it. It's a one time crate. It's got a bunch of collectibles that are worth it; I would assume.

Star Wars Crate - This crate costs $100.00 a month. This crate was a great purchase. This crate originally came out just before Episode 7 of Star Wars. I actually have worn the scarf and shirt I have received from this numerous times. I don't know if you collect Golden Books, but I know I plan to, especially when I have kids; with this crate there is a six book set. I'll leave the rest as a surprise if you get it.
There are additional crates that I have received in the past from Loot Crate. This company is always coming out with new ideas. I look forward to keeping you posted on new crates. What crate would you want to get? Which crate do you think is a waste?

No comments:

Post a Comment